The DEO Clinic is open from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. on Thursday evenings and at other times in the week for specialty services. Clinic services are by appointment only. Through its volunteer licensed medical professionals, DEO provides primary and preventive care to eligible patients. DEO also helps eligible patients obtain needed medications, diagnostic and laboratory testing.
Services Provided Include:
• Preventive and acute care
• Management of some chronic medical conditions
• Specialty referral
• Prescription drug assistance
Services Not Provided:
• HIV and STD screening
• Drug testing
• Disability examinations
• Fertility testing
• Paternity testing
• Routine immunization
• Travel medicine
• Substance abuse treatment
• Emergency or major trauma services
• Mental health
• Chronic pain treatment
An application can be downloaded from this website. While we hope it is clear, we know the different requirements can be confusing. Calling the clinic to review the application or visit our clinic to pick an application up in person is preferred.
In general, eligible patients are:
• Residents of Whitfield or Murray Counties
• Ages 18 to 64
• Not covered under the Affordable Care Act/Obamacare (ACA), Medicaid, Medicare, Liability Insurance (i.e. injuries from automobile accidents), Workers Compensation Insurance, or any other medical insurance provider; and
• Able to show that their household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level.
Please call 706-581-2009 to schedule an appointment.