Through its volunteer licensed medical professionals, DEO provides primary and preventive care to eligible patients. DEO also helps eligible patients obtain needed medications, diagnostic and laboratory testing.
Services Provided Include:
• Preventive and acute care
• Management of some chronic medical conditions
• Specialty referral
• Prescription drug assistance
Services Not Provided:
• HIV and STD screening
• Drug testing
• Disability examinations
• Fertility testing
• Paternity testing
• Routine immunization
• Travel medicine
• Substance abuse treatment
• Emergency or major trauma services
• Mental health
• Chronic pain treatment
An application can be picked up at the clinic during regular hours. Please call to arrange an interview.
In general, eligible patients are:
• Residents of Whitfield or Murray Counties
• Ages 18 to 64
• Not covered under the Affordable Care Act/Obamacare (ACA), Medicaid, Medicare, Liability Insurance (i.e. injuries from automobile accidents), Workers Compensation Insurance, or any other medical insurance provider; and
• Able to show that their household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level.
Please call 706-581-2009 to schedule an appointment.